Happy Friday Everyone!
I can’t believe it’s been two weeks since the start to 2018 and I’ve had a lot of time to think about what 2017 taught me. What lessons I learned that I want to apply to this new year. Coming into this year I am determined to keep that growth going. I truly believe 2018 is going to be an amazing year for me and I hope for you all as well.
- It’s okay to be scared. Life will through you curve balls and it’s okay to be afraid of what can happen. Just remember that everything happens for a reason and that one day you will look back and be thankful for how those things that you are scared of ended up shaping you.
- Love yourself. I spent most of my year focusing on others and putting myself on the back burner. I completely crumbled at the end of the year because I did not know how to love myself. The relationships I had built started to fall apart because something was missing, and that was knowing what I wanted and being okay with myself.
- It’s okay to not be okay. The last 7 months of 2017. I was hanging on by a thread and I was faking being okay and having my sh*t in order only to fall apart behind closed door. I learned that it’s okay to not be okay and that everything will be okay if you decide to take care of yourself.
- Nothing is permanent. 2017 taught me that you have the power to change your situation. I also know you have to want to change your situation, but don’t let yourself thing you are stuck in a situation forever. You can control where you stand in your life.
- Wear Makeup if you want to. For the majority of the year I focused every morning on creating a beauty routine that would make me feel beautiful no matter what I was doing. I am so proud I took the time to do this because it has helped with my own self-esteem overall. I do have days where I don’t wear makeup, but I have realized that my morning routine is essential part of my day
- Travel more. This year I decide to travel and I cannot recommend this enough. I decide to treat myself to a big trip overseas and three smaller trips within the U.S and I am so glad I was able to do so. I learned so much and got to enjoy myself.
- Hustle. In 2017 I learned that when you want something you have to work really hard on achieving your dreams. So I hustle twice as hard as those around me. I currently have two jobs and I am planning on accomplishing big things this year.
- Spend more time with your loved ones. For the past two years I have made sure that I spend time with my parents and loved ones as often as I can. You never know when they won’t be here any more and you won’t be able to see them.
- Take more pictures. Capture more memories you won’t regret this.
- Take time to see the beauty around you. This past year I stopped to look at all the beauty that surrounded me; the sunsets, the moon, the stars, the faces of all of the people that surround me. I truly stopped and soaked it all in.
- I got creative. This past year I focused on more of my creative side. I baked, I drew, I stepped out of my comfort zone and started taking more pictures.
- I can do anything I set my mind to it. I was fortunate enough to be able to graduate with my MSW. This was something I did not think I was able to accomplish. It was hard and one of the most difficulty things I have ever done. At the end of it all I did it and no one can take that away from me.
- I learned to be okay with my sarcastic self. I realized that those who love me love that I can be sarcastic and I don’t need to hide that side of me.
- Do things that make you happy. Life is too short to not do what makes you happy. This past year I explored places I wanted to visit, I listened to more music, I created things I wanted to create and I listened to my heart.
- I let go of relationships that weren’t helping me grow. I stuck to my guns and removed those that did not add anything valuable to my life. I stopped begging for people’s time and attention.
- Red Lipstick. I started wearing more red lipstick because I can!
- Take a moment. Last but not least I learned to take a moment each day to reflect on just how wonderful I am. Even on the worst days I still managed to get out of bed and that’s an accomplishment on it’s own.I hope that 2018 is filled with many more exciting adventures and that I continue to figure out who I am and what brings joy and happiness to my world.
What are some things you learned in 2017?
Have a great weekend! I will see you on Monday